Need time off? Going on vacation, away overnight or for a weekend? Looking for a home away from home for your canine companion? We make it simple for you. Let us take the responsibility for your furry friends.
We provide a safe, caring place for your dog while you take some well deserved vacation time. Enjoy peace of mind knowing your dog will get the personal care and special attention they deserve. When your dog comes to stay at Birchview we make sure they enjoy a fun and “pawsome” vacation as much as you do!
Laura, who owns Birchview Dog Boarding with her husband Jody, is a lifelong animal lover and dog owner.
“From as long as I can remember I’ve been passionate about working with animals. I have degrees in animal science and behavior and have worked with animals in a number of countries around the world.
Twenty years ago I immigrated to Canada from Scotland with my dog, Bruno. When I made trips back home, I needed to board my beloved dog. Knowing that Bruno was being cared for while I was away was so important to me and I realized then, that this was something I would love to do for others. The seed for Birchview Dog Boarding was planted!”
Years later we moved to Scotland, Ontario and built Birchview Dog Boarding. This is where we live today, right across from the kennel, with our own two rescue dogs, Holly & Stella.
- BSc. (Hons) Agriculture. MSc. Animal Science & Behavior
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (KPA-CTP)
- Pet-First Aid Certified. Walks N Wags
- Knowing Dogs 101 (Dog Language) & 201 (Group Play). The Dog Gurus, USA
- Infectious Disease Management Program certificate. Heroes for Healthy Pets (2019)
- Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo – for the advanced education of pet care professionals (2017, 2019)